Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Hello, at last.

I know - I should have started this blog many months ago. Thanks to those of you who continued to berate me for procrastinating: I knew you were really only encouraging me. And now look! I finally did it! So back off!

It has been a busy year, which is good in some ways but not so good in others. Things like starting the blog were easily kept on the back burner. I’ve always found it extremely hard to spend much time at a computer when I get away from work; this is one of the reasons I know I could never “go digital”. Aside from that, I think I will always prefer the darkroom, or my drafting table, to the PC for working on my images. I just don’t see a time when I’d be ready to say goodbye to the unique pleasures of the darkroom: the glow of the safelights….the excitement of seeing an image bursting onto what was a blank piece of paper… the developer stains on the floor….all of these things that mark the thrills and spills of analog photography.

So, here I am, and I promise to use this space to keep you all up to date as best I can.

The recent College Park Arts Festival was wonderful this year. It’s always fun despite the extra work involved in doing a one-day show. Thanks to all of you for coming out. I apologize again for running out of the updated business cards – that was lame.

I scaled back the festivals this year; the only one left is at Candler Park in Atlanta, October 13-14th. There is always good food, great music and, of course, wonderful art and crafts from my fellow artists on display – so come on out!

For those of you who asked, I do plan on the hand coloring workshop at the Spruill Center of the Arts early next year- tentatively scheduled for March 8-9th. Watch this space for details!

No comments: